OCASI is pleased to offer a free Online Facilitated Training Course to its member agencies, titled: Understanding and Responding to Violence against Immigrant & Refugee Women.
This 8-week (October 1 to November 19, 2013) online facilitated course provides settlement professionals the information and tools to respond to violence against women. The course aims to increase the participants' ability to provide meaningful referrals and to engage in community mobilization and development to engage community members around addressing violence against women.
To be successful in this course, the participant must commit to approximately 2-3 hours of learning each week. Since commitment is required, and after registration is finalized, participants must complete introductions by the second day of the course and participate actively over the 8 week period. Each participant will receive a certificate upon the successful completion of the course.
Participants will learn about:
1. Issues of Violence against Immigrant and Refugee Women
2. Role of the Service Provider in Ensuring an Early Response to VAW
3. Role of Service Provider in Understanding Systemic Responses to Violence against Women
4. Intricacies of Community Development
5. Application of Community Development to Violence against Immigrant and Refugee Women issues
6. An experienced Facilitator will be there to assist you for the 8 weeks
NOTE: Additionally, a lawyer - a Guest Speaker - will be available to answer any questions or concerns participants may have about the course material and case studies.
Register early, enrolment is limited. Registration deadline is September 27, 2013.