Invitation to World Refugee Day event
The media is invited to take part in World Refugee Day activities at an event co-hosted by more than 20 Canadian humanitarian aid organizations.
When: June 20, 2016 from 11 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Where: Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square
- Try walking with a pail on your head, like many women around the world still do.
- Visit a child-friendly-space, often one of the only places displaced children can go to feel safe and secure.
- Take a virtual reality tour and out what it feels like to live in a refugee camp through the eyes of a young boy
- Hear Refguee stories in Human Library
- Come meet organizations working with refugees in Canada and Abroad
Organized by the UNHCR, Canadian Red Cross, Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture, COSTI Immigrant Services, Sojourn House, Amnesty International, and the Humanitarian Coalition, this event brings together more than 20 humanitarian aid agencies, including: Humanitarian Coalition members CARE Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan International Canada, Save the Children as well as Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Islamic Relief Canada and World Vision Canada, , Matthew House.
UNHCR Contact information