Media Advisory: Community Organizations Push Ontario Government to Adopt Anti-Racism Legislative Framework
TORONTO, ON--(September 30, 2016) - A coalition of community organizations will be launching a proposed legislative framework for the newly established Anti-Racism Directorate in Ontario at a press conference on Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 11 a.m. at the office of TAIBU Community Health Center, 27 Tapscott Rd #1, Scarborough, Ontario.
The proposed legislative framework is launched by the Colour of Poverty Campaign - Colour of Change Network (COP-COC) in partnership with a number of community based organizations working in anti-racism advocacy work.
COP-COC and its partners will speak to the need to strengthen the Anti-Racism Directorate and will make a number of proposals on how to address racism in Ontario.
Speakers at the Press Conference will include:
- Dr. Akua Benjamin, Professor, School of Social Work, Ryerson University
- Denise Brooks, Executive Director, Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
- Debbie Douglas, Executive Director, OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
- Avvy Go, Clinic Director, Metro Toronto Chinese & South East Asian Legal Clinic
- Shalini Konanur, Executive Director, South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario
For further information, please contact:
(416) 322-4950 ext.229
416-322-4950 ext. 239
Metro Toronto Chinese & South East Asian Legal Clinic