This Call For Proposals Is Now Closed
Submission Deadline: Wednesday June 15, 2022 24:00 EDT
OCASI Leaders' Forum
October 26-28, 2022
In-person at Pan Pacific Toronto, 900 York Mills Road, Toronto ON
The 2022 OCASI Leaders’ Forum will host current and emerging leaders in OCASI member agencies and immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario. This will be OCASI’s first major in-person event for sector leaders in more than two years. Much has changed in Ontario’s immigration and refugee landscape over that time.
The forum will provide sector leaders an opportunity to:
- hold wide-ranging policy discussions
- hold in-depth conversations on practical ways to tackle the challenges that confront us
- network with peers, government representatives, funders, academics and researchers.
The Forum will host:
- leaders in the nonprofit and community-based immigrant and refugee-serving sector
- academics, researchers
- other stakeholders including members of civil society interested in the immigrant and refugee-serving sector and issues of migration and immigrant and refugee settlement.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We developed this call for concurrent session proposals with input from OCASI member agencies, and guidance from the Forum Advisory Committee. You can submit more than one proposal.
We are inviting workshop and round table submissions on topics within the four themes below.
CONCURRENT SESSION FORMATS
Workshops (90 minutes)
Workshops may consist of presentations, and must include participant interaction opportunities (example: discussion, question and answer). Presentations can be in the form of a panel or a lecture. Workshop rooms will be equipped with a laptop, screen, microphone and projector.
Roundtables (90 minutes)
The roundtable format is suitable for structured, informal discussions of emerging issues or challenges. Roundtables should give every participant an opportunity to engage. We recommend planning for not more than 20 participants in a roundtable.
Proposals may be submitted for unilingual (English OR French) and bilingual (English AND French) sessions. Certain workshops may be selected for simultaneous interpretation.
Please feel free to share this Call for Proposals as appropriate.
Should you have any questions please contact email@example.comLa version française