The Mission of OCASI is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life.
Statement of Principles and Objectives
- OCASI asserts the right of all persons to participate fully and equitably in the social, cultural, political and economic life of Ontario.
- OCASI affirms that immigrants and refugees to Canada should be guaranteed equitable access to all services and programs.
- OCASI believes that Canada must be a land of refuge and opportunity, a country known for humanity and justice in its treatment of immigrants and refugees.
- OCASI believes that in cooperation with other groups and communities which promote human rights and struggle against discrimination, OCASI will see these principles realized.
OCASI’s objectives are:
- To act as a collective voice for member agencies serving immigrants in all matters related to immigrants
- To work to improve services provided to immigrants in Ontario
- To act as an advisory and resource body for community service agencies, government and other stakeholders in regard to matters of immigrant services
- To stimulate and conduct research on the needs of immigrants and the effectiveness of services being provided as well as methods of delivery of services
- To encourage the exchange of information among Member Agencies